
Whoa! What a voice! This young & multi-talented chanteuse is making waves with her laid-back, sweet soulfulness and bridled power which are instantly felt. Being from the islands, I had to find out if this London-based artist had Caribbean roots like so many other artists in the UK, and lo & behold, she does! According to The Guardian, Lianne La Havas was born and raised in South London to a Greek father and a Jamaican mother. Her mother exposed her early to the music of Eryka Badu, Jill Scott, India Arie & Nina Simone, but it was Lauryn Hill who had the biggest impact..& it is quite evident in her sound! I got the chance to see her perform at the Baltimore Sound Stage and I was blown away by her stage presence, a voice that pierced my soul & a smile that overpowered the spotlight….
Her new CD “Blood” is classic and I included a few cuts in this mix,
OneLove
Comments
Post a Comment